Suuri Seikkailu ja elämä nyt!

Hyppäsimme käsi kädessä! Olemme saanet aitoutta, pysähtymistä, heräämistä, hetkeä. Nyt elämme hirsiä ja pellavarivettä, banaanilaatikoita, teinejä ja taaperoa, koiranneniä ja lampaita, kaartelevia merikotkia ja huikaisevaa halua merelle.

KOTIKALLIO

KOTIKALLIO

30.4.2012

Vappu!

When I was little it seemed that everyone else had already changed to summer outfits except our family that had woollen  hats and steady boots at the market place of  the 1st of May. Perhaps that is way I enjoy my own family's tradition to take the first swim this spring and "throw away the winter-coat" in an ice cold sea - sometimes in the middle of ice-cubes...

Owen sand-bathing after a swim

Meillä piti aina olla pipot ja lenkkarienkin kanssa oli siinä ja siinä ettei talvimonoissa saapasteltu Vaasan vapputorilla kaikkien kesähattuisten ja popliinitakkisten kaupunkilaisten joukossa. Oman perheen vappuperinne on ehdottomasti talviturkin heitto mereen!


Hauskasti vapputouhuista kertoo Elli: http://elli-neidin-unelmia.blogspot.com/2012/04/valpurin-yo.html

Then the next best thing of Vappu, 1st of May is to be out in the garden, make lunch and enjoy it together or have a picnic with friends.

Vappu 2011 in the garden
The classical drink of our Vappu is 'sima', a kind of self-made lemonade. This year I tried the recipe of Jenni Silvennoinen who should know how to make good sima, she has a brewery of her own near Turku!



Sugars and honey is melt in hot water and the lemon is added. When the water has cooled you can add a tiny piece of yeast, size of a pea...

After few days when bottled and held in cool the sima is ready!

http://ciderhouse.fi/in/

        Hauskaa Vappua!

5 kommenttia:

  1. Here is an American who loves your blog and your islands. I was married on Jurmo in 2002 and I come to the islands alot. The archipelago is one of the most special places in the whole world. There is nothing like else like it. Your Vappu looks like it was wonderful!

    VastaaPoista
  2. Also, I have many pictures from the archipelago at my blog: www.aroundtheworldineightyyears.com

    Happy Day!

    VastaaPoista
  3. So completely I have not yet understood what it is delicious with the lemon. But I get that out yet.
    Thank you for your kind words with me
    I wish you a nice weekend and greetings all love Rosalie
    ∙ ∙ ♥ ♥ ∙ ∙

    VastaaPoista
  4. I am sure it tastes wonderful:) Hope all are keeping well!
    ~Anne

    VastaaPoista