Suuri Seikkailu ja elämä nyt!

Hyppäsimme käsi kädessä! Olemme saanet aitoutta, pysähtymistä, heräämistä, hetkeä. Nyt elämme hirsiä ja pellavarivettä, banaanilaatikoita, teinejä ja taaperoa, koiranneniä ja lampaita, kaartelevia merikotkia ja huikaisevaa halua merelle.

KOTIKALLIO

KOTIKALLIO

17.12.2011

Mission Possible?

I was very flattered to get post this week, especially because I am the only married woman in the whole country to receive it. I got a x-mas card from one of the leading hardware store in Finland, K-Rauta! Thanks!


When we started renovating I went to open an account there so that it would be easier to order or fetch material from there and then get the bill home every two weeks. Well, I started wondering that I didn't get any bills but my husband did and ring their custom service. They didn't find me. They found my husband.

"Oh no, it is our policy to register always on the name of the husband because it would be confusing otherwise! No one is registered on the name of the wife."
"What if there is someone without a husband, she can't renovate then, or?"
"Well, that is another case then but in your case.."
"Have you heard that Finland was the first country in the whole world who give women the right to vote despite their wealth or position? Over hundred years ago? Do you know that we have had a female president almost 12 years now? Have you heard of the law of equality?"
"Yes, but.."
"I registered our account and I want to have my own bills. If I don't get my own bills, I will cancel our account and..."


So I am the only wife with own bills from K-Rauta. Thanks and merry x-mas to you, too, Mission Possible!

3 kommenttia:

  1. You go girl! Glad you made a point with them. I've been reading your past posts about getting ready for Christmas and found them very interesting. I think it is a lot to get 1 tree up and decorated and you do 3.

    I'm glad you liked the Three Sisters Soup - it is a great story isn't it. One of my favourite First Nations (Indian) legends.

    VastaaPoista
  2. Ei voi olla totta!!!! Pitäisikö itkeä tai nauraa.Eivät tunteneet Penttiä ja Hilleviä:-))

    VastaaPoista
  3. Niinpä:) and thanks, Grace, three trees sounds perhaps much but the decoration is quite modest.

    VastaaPoista